Current Work / Interests | الأبحاث ومواضيع الاهتمام الحالية
- Carbon Management System of Innovation: Towards a Circular Carbon Economy | منظومة الابتكار لإدارة الكربون: نحو اقتصاد كربون دائري
- Nuclear energy in a climate-constrained world | الطاقة النووية في عالم مقيد بالمناخ
- Nature-based solutions: towards a blue carbon economy | الحلول القائمة على الطبيعة: نحو اقتصاد الكربون الأزرق
- Youth climate action | العمل المناخي للشباب
- Sustainable finance | تمويل الاستدامة
- Greening the Black Gold: Saudi Arabia's sustainability transition pathways | تخضير الذهب الأسود: مسارات النقل المستدامة في المملكة العربية السعودية
- Sustainability in the Water and Agriculture sectors in the GCC | الاستدامة في قطاعي المياه والزراعة في دول الخليج العربي
- Energy systems modelling | نمذجة أنظمة الطاقة
- The role of nuclear power in the energy mix | دور الطاقة النووية في مزيج الطاقة
- The feasibility of SMR for Saudi Arabia | مدى إمكانية استخدام المفاعلات الصغيرة في المملكة العربية السعودية
Publications | المنشورات
- Mansouri, N.Y. and Ghoniem, A.F., "Does nuclear desalination make sense for Saudi Arabia?" Desalination, 19 July 2016.
- Mansouri, N.Y., Al-Nory, M.T., and Ghoniem, A.F., “Optimizing Solar Energy Options for Desalination: The case study of PV-RO and CSP-MED in Saudi Arabia” International Desalination Association Congress, August 28-29, 2015, San Diego, CA, USA.
- Mansouri, N.Y. and Ghoniem, A.F., “Optimizing a Sustainable Desalination System in Saudi Arabia: A Comparison between PV-RO and CSP-MED Cogeneration Plants” World Sustainable Energy Forum - EnerSol WSEF Tunisia 2014, 26-28 November, 2014, Tunis, Tunisia.
- Book (PhD Thesis): Mansouri, Noura Y. (2013) Greening The Black Gold: Saudi Arabia's Quest for Clean Energy.
- PhD Thesis: Mansouri, Noura Y. (2013) “Carbon Management for Sustainable Development: An examination of potential transition paths for the Saudi Arabian ‘national system of innovation’ towards a cleaner energy economy”. School of Materials Science and Engineering, Queen Mary, University of London.
- Mansouri, et al. Energy Policy, Volume 63, December 2013, Pages 681–695 - A projection of energy consumption and carbon dioxide emissions in the electricity sector for Saudi Arabia: the case for carbon capture and storage and solar photovoltaics.
- Materials Technology (2006) 21-4: 201-268. 1066-7857. "Energy, Material and Transition Paths to Sustainable Economies". By: M. Tezcakar, S. Peters, L.Kaounides, and N. Mansouri.
- Master's Thesis: Mansouri, Noura Y. (2004) "Hydrogen fuel cell as a disruptive innovation: the case study of Saudi Aramco". School of Materials Science and Engineering, Queen Mary, University of London.
Participations | المشاركات
- Panel Discussion: The underlying importance of research to national economic visions, Derasat 2nd Forum, April 27-28, 2019, Manama, Bahrain.
- Participation: DREAM NEOM Advisory team, The Misk Fellowship Annual Competition, April 11-13, 2019, NEOM, Saudi Arabia.
- Speech: The Role of Data Science in Renewable Energy, Women in Data Science, King AbdulAziz City for Science and Technology, March 04, 2019, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- Speech: “The role of nuclear power in the energy mix of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia”, Nuclear Power in the Middle East, The Atlantic Council’s 3rd annual Global Energy Forum, January 11, 2019, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Session Chair: “Integration of Renewable Energy Sources” The 8th Saudi Arabia Smart Grid Conference and Exhibition, December 13, 2018, The Ritz-Carlton, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
- Presentation: “Saudi Arabia’s Energy Transition”, The 4th Joint Workshop between Korea Energy
Economics Institute (KEEI) and KAPSARC, ‘Cooperation in the Era of Energy Transitions’, May 24, 2018, Ulsan, South
- Presentation: “Policy Options for Reducing Water Consumption in Agriculture”, Saudi Arabian
Section of the Combustion Institute (SASCI), King Abdullah Petroleum Studies and Research Center (KAPSARC), May
01-02, 2018, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- Presentation: “Policy Options for Reducing Water Consumption in Agriculture”, The Environment
Agency-Abu Dhabi (EAD), Abu Dhabi Food Control Authority (ADFCA) and King Abdullah Petroleum Studies and
Research Center (KAPSARC), March 22, 2018, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Panel Discussion: "Saudi Women between Saudi Vision 2030 and UN SDGs", United Nations, Geneva,
Switzerland, March 01, 2018.
- Panel Discussion: "Cybersecurity of the Sustainable Energy Sector in the GCC", Chatham House,
Muscat, Oman, December 11, 2017.
- Panel Discussion: Mansouri, N.Y. “Planet Earth: Our shared responsibility”. Misk Global Forum, Nov. 24-25, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- Panel Discussion: Mansouri, N.Y. “Innovation and the Developing World: from humble beginnings to global impact”. The Global Green Growth Institute, Policy Dialogue Series, World Green Energy Summit, Oct. 24-25, Dubai, UAE.
- Panel Discussion: Mansouri, N.Y. “Energy Archetypes”. World Energy Council, General Assembly, World Energy Week, Future Energy Leaders’ Summit, Oct. 16-19. 2017, Lisbon, Portugal.
- Participation: Zayed Future Energy Prize, Review Committee, Sep. 24-25, 2017, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Roundtable Discussion: Mansouri, N.Y. “The World in 2030: the challenges and opportunities of Saudi Arabia’s transformation” Bloomberg-MiSK, Bloomberg Business Forum 2017, September 20, 2017, New York City, USA.
- Panel Discussion: Mansouri, N.Y. “Sustainable Development and Building Peaceful and Tolerant Societies” UNDP-MiSK, September 15, 2017, New York City, USA.
- Participation: Participant as “a leading scientist of the next generation”. The 6th Lindau Meeting on Economic Sciences, 22 – 26 August 2017, Lindau, Germany.
- Oral presentation: Mansouri, N.Y. “Greening the Black Gold and Hitting the Green Ceiling” KACST Women in STEM Seminar, December 28, 2016, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- Oral Presentation: Mansouri, N.Y. “Hitting the Green Ceiling” Women in Energy Panel, Saudi Arabia’s 6th Smart Grid and Sustainable Energy Conference, 6-8 December, 2016, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
- Oral presentation: Mansouri, N.Y. “Greening the Black Gold” January 15-16, 2016, Tomouh Dubai 2016 Summit, UAE.
- Oral Presentation and Conference Proceedings: Mansouri, N.Y., and Ghoniem, A.F. ,“Does nuclear desalination make sense for Saudi Arabia?” The 2nd International Conference on Desalination and Environment. 24-25 January, 2016, Doha, Qatar.
- Poster Presentation and Conference Proceedings: Mansouri, N.Y., Al-Nory, M.T., and Ghoniem, A.F., “Optimizing Solar Energy Options for Desalination: The case study of PV-RO and CSP-MED in Saudi Arabia” International Desalination Association August 30-September 04, 2015, San Diego, California, USA.
- Oral Presentation: Master Program Module Lecture in Energy, Environment and Sustainability: “Greening the Black Gold: The Saudi Quest for Clean Energy and Clean Water” City University London, 13 March 2015, London, UK.
- Oral Presentation and Conference Proceedings: Mansouri, N.Y., and Ghoniem, A.F., “Optimizing a Sustainable Desalination System in Saudi Arabia: A Comparison between PV-RO and CSP-MED Cogeneration Plants” World Sustainable Energy Forum - EnerSol WSEF Tunisia 2014, 26-28 November, 2014, Tunis, Tunisia.
- Oral Presentation: Mansouri N. Y “Exploring Energy with CellA+” CellA+ Network's 16th Event, February 24, 2014, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Oral Presentation: “The Quest for Greening Saudi’s economy, energy and water”, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, January, 2014, Cambridge, USA.
- Oral Presentation: Greening Buildings; Jeddah Economic Forum 2013, Jeddah – Saudi Arabia, March 18, 2013.
- Participation and Oral Presentation: A formal bilateral letter to leaderships in Saudi Arabia and Austria; the Saudi-Austrian Youth Forum, on the topic of Religious Dialogue, Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Vienna, Austria, May 2012.
- Oral Presentation: On behalf of Saudi-German Youth, “Renew KSA”, a presentation to the Saudi and German foreign ministers on renewable energy collaboration potential, Saudi-German bilateral meeting, Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, February 2012.
- Participation: Saudi-German Youth Forum, On the topic of Renewable Energy, Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Hamburg and Berlin, Germany, November 2011.
- Discussion Panel: Energy: The Key to Economic Modernization in the MENA Region, “Revolution and Reform: The Historic Transition in the Middle East,” The Dubai Initiative, Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs, Harvard Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, USA, April 2011.
- PhD School: The Globelics Academy: Carbon Management for Sustainable Development. by Noura Mansouri, Lisbon, Portugal, May. 2007
- Oral Presentation: The Oxford Institute for Energy Studies Seminar: Carbon Management for Sustainable Development: The Case Study of Saudi Arabia, Oxford, UK, Feb. 2007
- Guest of Honour at University of Cambridge International Examinations' IGCSE 20th Birthday, Cambridge, UK, Sep 2005.
- Undergraduate Course: Politics and Governments in the Middle East course by Professor Ahron Bregman at Franklin College - Lugano, Switzerland, July 2003